Hello everyone, in this video, I am going to show you how you can create an account on redhat.com and activate your subscription, that’s free
Step 1: Access the Red Hat website
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official Red Hat website, which is https://www.redhat.com/. Ensure that you are visiting the legitimate website to prevent any security risks.
Step 2: Sign Up for a Red Hat Account
- Click on the “Sign In” or “Log In” button in the upper right-hand corner of the website. This will take you to the login page.
- If you don’t have a Red Hat account, look for an option that allows you to create one. This is typically labeled as “Create Account” or “Sign Up.” Click on it to start the registration process.
Step 3: Fill in Your Information
- The registration form will ask for various pieces of information:
- Personal Information: This includes your full name, job title, and company or organization name. Ensure accuracy, as this information may be used for verification purposes.
- Contact Information: Provide a valid email address, phone number, and physical address. Red Hat may use this information for communication and to send important notifications.
- Username and Password: Create a unique username that you will use to log in to your Red Hat account. The password should be strong, containing a mix of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters. Red Hat often has specific password requirements.
- Pay careful attention to password requirements. They may vary based on Red Hat’s security policies.
Step 4: Agree to Terms and Conditions
Step 5: Verify Your Email
- After submitting your registration information, check your email inbox for a verification message from Red Hat. This email is sent to the address you provided during registration.
- Open the verification email and click on the verification link inside to confirm your email address and activate your Red Hat account.
Step 6: Log In to Your Red Hat Account
- Return to the Red Hat website after confirming your email address.
- Click on “Sign In” or “Log In” again.
- Enter the username and password you created during the registration process to log in to your newly created Red Hat account.
Step 7: Access Subscription Management
- Once logged in, you will have access to the Red Hat Customer Portal, which provides various resources and tools for managing your Red Hat products and services.
- Navigate to the “Subscription Management” section. This is where you can manage your subscriptions and access other resources related to Red Hat products.
Step 8: Activate Your Subscription
- In the Subscription Management section, you’ll find options for managing your subscriptions.
- To activate a subscription, you will need to enter a subscription or activation key. This key is typically provided by Red Hat when you purchase a subscription or may be given to you by your organization’s system administrator.
- Enter the key in the appropriate field and follow the prompts provided on the screen. This process may include verifying your subscription details and confirming the activation.
Step 9: Confirm Activation
- After successfully entering the activation key and completing any required steps, you should receive a confirmation message that your subscription has been activated.
- This confirmation indicates that your Red Hat subscription is now active and ready for use.
By following these detailed steps, you should have created a Red Hat account and successfully activated your subscription. This will grant you access to Red Hat’s products and services, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, along with support and updates for the duration of your subscription period. Remember to keep your subscription up to date and renew it when necessary to maintain access to Red Hat’s resources and support.